Thursday, October 04, 2007

hold on to your hats!

I refuse to comment on how long it's been since I posted, how lame the original posts were, &c. We start NOW.

So, in the past year I have:
Seen Eric Clapton live
bought a 9mm semiauto handgun that I take to the range
bought a paintball gun and played paintball a handful of times
built a badass 64-bit computer
graduated from 10 months of counseling
read 1.1 self-help books
started internet dating
met some nice girls
met a wonderful woman who I love, and see almost every day
have learned about boundaries
have learned about taking care of myself
have learned not to take on issues that don't belong to me
have learned to say "I'm paralyzed with anxiety" instead of just sitting there being paralyzed with anxiety :)
have gone to an Audi track event and ran laps in a 1988 Porsche 924S
have been to Puerto Rico with my new sweetie
saw the Observatorio De Arecibo there - you know, the 1000-ft satellite dish built into the mountains from the James Bond flick
hiked the rain forest
drove a new jeep clear across Puerto Rico and back
my folks moved to Tuscon
my mom has fibro-myalgia, and the weather is helping her
I went to Tuscon to visit them, fell in love with the desert and the mountains, and was visited late at night by a giant Great Horned Owl
More to come :)

No comments: