Monday, October 23, 2006

ahh, entertainment

Well, a friend got tired of waiting for me to buy a tv, so he lent me a little one with a vcr in it. For you young 'uns, a vcr plays things like dvds that are called "tapes".

I have a few boxes of videotapes, so tonight the first thing I did when I got home was to turn it on and put in an old Formula One race. Now I have David Hobbes and V12 engines doing 17,000 rpm in the background. Excellent.

I also found that someone hooked up a wireless access point nearby with a very strong signal, and no encryption. It's working much better than the one I was using, I think I may be able to sit on the couch and use the computer. Again, excellent.

Without a tv around, I've been playing guitar and singing again. It feels good. To my friend's dismay, I don't think I'll buy a new tube for a while.

No comments: