Thursday, March 12, 2009

Hanging in there

0 Cigarettes today. I read some information at the American Cancer Association on smoking cessation. Apparently the first three days are the worst. It takes that amount of time for the nicotine to leave your system. And so during that time you are physically adjusting to having lower nicotine levels. That's why folks use the gum or other Nicotine Replacement Therapies. It allows your body to slowly adjust to lower nicotine levels while you cope with the psychological aspects of this process. This evening I was dizzy and wierd. But I'm riding it out. I hope tomorrow I don't get the heebie-jeebies too bad. If so the plan is to go for a walk.

If you're trying to quit hang in there. I quit for a year before, and it was mostly for the wrong reasons. This time is now and I'm in a different place now. I've graduated from therapy and I'm in a healthy relationship. Keep on keepin' on.

No comments: