Tuesday, February 02, 2010

can't be zen all the time


The dead of winter in the midwest has an effect on people. I have been fighting it pretty successfully this year. It's been a struggle, because everyone around me has been struggling. Today it finally got me. It made me angry, because it's the people closest to me whose anguish I now feel. All I could do was cry, and use my words to describe my feelings. You can't be zen all the time. Then I went and had some quiet time to myself, went window shopping for books.

The last two days I had a fun project, I found a rim and tire for my Jeep. I have big tires on my Jeep, and I needed to find a big tire for a spare, and a big rim for the tire to fit on. I ended up buying everything from some really cool guys with eastern European accents, at a little independent used tire shop. They like my ride, and they picked on me for having mismatched lug nuts. I spent the rest of the evening sanding and prepping the rim, and painted it a nice flat black. It turned out better than I really was attempting to make it.

No comments: