Monday, October 23, 2006

finding peers on blogger

When putting a new photo in my Blogger profile, I noticed that the word "Telecommunications" was blue, like a hyperlink. I clicked on it, and got a list of bloggers that have their "Industry" set to "Telecommunications". Oh, cool! So, being single, I started looking through the list for women who work in telecom and are bloggers. Probably we might have something in common? Of course, there aren't many. So I thought it would be cool to search other industries for single women to talk to. Hey, I'm single, okay?

Where do you search for profiles with the "Industry" set to a certain field? You don't. Sounds like a little project for me, maybe I'll try to whip something up.

In the meanwhile, I did some playing around with web url's, and found that you can search different industries if you change the last number in the url. I.E.:

http://www.blogger.com/profile-find.g?t=j&ind=36

36 is Telecommunications, and the number seems to correspond with the alphabetical list of industry choices in the "Edit Profile" area of your blogger account. It's a drop-down list.

So if you want to get acquainted with fellow bloggers, try some other numbers there and see what you find.

Maybe I'll make a little search dropdown to make it easier, or maybe somebody already has...

And it's not stalking, I'm just trying to make friends!

No comments: